Reasons to Invest in Paraguay
- Paraguay has good economic policies that would make it easier for foreigners to start their business in the country.
- Paraguay grants equal rights to local and foreign investment.
- Paraguay grants a full exemption from taxes imposed on the repayment of loans exceeding five million USD.
- Paraguay grants full tax exemption on dividends to investments exceeding five million USD for a period of ten years.
- Hydropower in Paraguay represents a large proportion of the total electricity production.
Also read: A Simplified Definition of Commercial Law
Procedures for Setting Up a Company in Paraguay
- Verifying the usability of the proposed name for the company.
- Signing the company documents by a lawyer or an agent.
- Attestation of the company contract.
- Obtaining a judicial warrant for company records.
- Registering the company with the Single Window system.
- Publishing extracts of the company’s regulations in the official gazette.
- Obtaining a commercial license from the municipality.
Also read: The Importance of Having a Commercial Lawyer Before Starting Your Investment
Types of companies in Paraguay
- Public partnership.
- Limited liability partnership.
- Simple Limited partnership.
- Branch of a foreign company.
- Representative office.